Friday, July 27, 2012

Enabling Shadows in Firestorm Viewer

One of the questions you have to ask yourself when new features are added to the viewer is -- Can my system still perform well enough when I use them?  I am still on Firestorm viewer 3.0, but hope to move up to 4.0 soon.  While I do enjoy being an "early adopter" I also temper that by waiting a bit to see what feedback has been given.

I already knew that my system could handle the "Ultra" graphic setting for some time now, but never took that one step further by enabling "shadows" in the preferences.  As you can see from these pictures, the addition of shadows adds so much more depth to the graphics.  I often admired the photos that I have seen taken with shadows and wondered if I could do the same.

I am happy to say that so far (fingers crossed), things seem to be OK.  I have heard that some users do experience lag with them enabled and I have experienced some of that in certain conditions, but overall, I have been pleased with this new ability.

No comments: