Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Power of Music

One of the things I enjoy in SL, is when I get to play the DJ for the pool party on Friday. I start at 6pm SLT and we never really know who will show up for it. It's a stress free way to relax after a busy week. We have a few regulars that show up every week and it's always great to see them.

Ritch and I have been doing this for almost a year now. Amazing how time flies. Over time I have gotten to know what songs people enjoy hearing. Sorta what works and what doesn't. I even realize that as i am going through the set. It may sound good when i put the list together, but sometimes when the song gets actually played on air, I may have my doubts about it.

My music collection is not huge by comparison to most DJs in SL, but i do have a variety that I hardly ever get to play. So sometimes I put my stream up online and share some of that variety on air. It's fun to do while I am busy with other things online.

There is something about music that has really always touched my heart in so many ways. It's one of those things that is hard to explain, but I am sure you get what I am talking about.

So the next time you come across a DJ, whether it's me or someone else, just remember that they are sharing a gift which can have a tremendous impact on your heart and how you feel.

Peace and hugs to all.

No comments: