Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where are they now?

This post is about the connections we make in SL. I recently learned that one of my SL friends has fallen into some hard times with his relationship, friends, and business. He sort of felt that SL was not a good place to be and has decided to leave. Will he come back? I really don't know the answer, but I do know that I will miss him.

I suppose how this affects you all depends on how you look at SL. Do the connections you make in SL really matter in your own first life or are they just short term acquaintances with no real investment on your part? For me, all of my connections with residents have some meaning. How can they not? We do not live in a vacuum, but are part of the larger community as a whole.

Some of us may or may not ever cross paths in first and second life, but we all play a part in each others lives in some way and for some reason.

2 comments:

Duke Magneto said...

bravo! Ok who is leaving SL?

Raul Crimson said...

Personally i think is someway like in RL... some people is REALLY important for you... some are just people you meet in your way.

In the case i'd need to leave SL, for whatever the reason, i know i will keep contact with those special ones, because i have different ways to contact them outside SL.

Connections are important, actually are some of the most important things of SL, as you said SL in not only pixels or a vacuum.