Thursday, July 21, 2016

Moderate vs. Adult Region Rating


I have a “Moderate” category region and for some time now I have often wondered if this has deterred potential renters from seeking a home at Rockridge Heights.  Am I limiting myself by not switching to the “Adult” category?

First, let me be upfront and say that I am not a sexual prude in my First or Second life.  I think some of you will agree that there are so many ways we can explore a variety of sexual experiences in Second Life that we may not even consider attempting in our First Life.  Sadly, it’s the sexual side that gets sensationalized by some in the mainstream press, but that is a whole other topic for another post.

Let me try and help clear up some misconceptions about what you can and cannot do on a “Moderate” rated region by offering some helpful resources:

If you rent a home at Rockridge Heights, please be assured that I have taken the proper steps to ensure that your parcel privacy is indeed activated.  It looks like I probably need to convey all of this information (possibly on a notecard at the Welcome Center) to region visitors.

This seems to be the bottom line:  “Nudity is allowed on Mature/Moderate land and you can use your sex bed inside the privacy of your own home, just no sex out in the open “public” spaces.”

No comments: