Monday, June 29, 2015

Highlights from Second Life's 12 Birthday Celebration

The theme for this years anniversary celebration is "What Dreams May Come."


There are many activities including live performers, DJs from all over the world,  fantastic exhibits, a hunt and so much more.  I encourage you to go and visit the SL12B website for all the details. 

Even though the party ended on Sunday, there is still time for you to explore the regions and see many of the exhibits until July 4th.  

One of the activities that was well attended were talks given in the Dreamitorium.  My favorite series and probably the ones that most residents really enjoyed were the informative talks in the "Meet The Lindens" series. I recommend that you visit the Second Life YouTube Channel for the full series which is now available for viewing.

It was the first time that I can remember seeing so many Linden Lab staff participating in-world. 

This is me dancing with Xiola Linden at the Linden Lab sponsored Music Fest Party.

I had the opportunity to DJ on the same stage leading up to the event.  It was a very exciting opportunity for me.

I was also a member of the Press Group.  This is something I have participated in for a few years now.  I even shared a few pics on the SL12B flickr page.

Overall, I think this was probably the best Birthday Celebration I have been to in all of my 7 years in Second Life.  I hope you had a chance to visit.  I highly recommend several visits.  There really is so much content to see on all of the regions that make of the celebration.  I also want to thank all the staff who put in countless hours for putting this event together for us.  Thank you.

No comments: