Friday, January 16, 2015

Where have I been and where am I going? Part 1

I apologize for my lack in blog posting.  It has been a very eventful past year.

First, let me say that in May 2014, I was laid off after 15 years with the law firm I was on contract with. I am not a lawyer, but work in legal research database services and technology.  These past few months have been extremely difficult for me to adjust.  Now it is down to small project work that I can do online from home.  Of course the problem with that is that I am not making nearly enough as I was on a full time salary.

Just a short side note, it was also around this time that Facebook decided I was not a REAL person and disabled my account.  The only way back was to reveal my identity and at this point I already had enough and I wanted out so I decided to not return. If anyone is looking you can find me active on Google+ instead.

Then in October 2014, I had a fall while waiting for public transit and was sent to the hospital with a deep laceration above my eye.  Unfortunately I did not have medical insurance at the time and in the end, the final costs added up to about $8500. This was regretfully placed on the plastic.  My first huge debt that I managed to avoid over the years in maintaining my good credit.

Now that the holidays are over, I am back to updating my resume and searching for employment.  One thing I have noticed is the growing trend to hire people for part time employment.  Getting back into the workforce and in talking with friends, I find that many of them are holding more than one part time job to try and make ends meet.

Now that brings me to Second Life and what does the future hold for me there?  More in my next post...

No comments: